Fourth Class, Individual:
1. Jack Sheehan, Jack Driscoll, My Great Grandad, Urhan NS, Castletownbere (teacher: M. O’Mahony)
2. Lisa O’Donavan, A Blast from the Past of Shandrum Townland, Derryclough NS, Drinagh (teacher: T. Holland)
3. Laura Deasy, A Glimpse into Cork in the 1950s, Derryclough NS, Drinagh (teacher: T. Holland)
4. Sarah O’Sullivan, Granny Mae, Urhan NS, Castletownbere (teacher: M. O’Mahony)
5. Darragh O’Sullivan, My Grandad, John Darb O’Sullivan, Urhan NS, Castletownbere (teacher: M. O’Mahony)
Fourth Class, Class Category:
1. Fourth class, Comparing Ardfield in the Past, Ardfield NS, Clonakilty (teacher: A M O’Sullivan)
2. Fourth class, Cloughduv, A History, Cloughduv NS, Cloughduv (teacher: L. Spillane)
3. Fourth Class, Our Project on the Buttevant Rail Crash, Scoil Mhuire na Trocaire, Buttevant (teacher: M. Linehan)
1. Fiona, Millie, Maeve, Fionn & Claire, Our School Ahiohill, Ahiohill NS, Bandon (teacher: K. Duane)
2. Kate, Ella, Eabha, Kilshanning Ladies Gaelic Football Association Project, Dromahane NS, Mallow (teacher: O. Cronin)
3. Emile, Celine, Jessica, The Famine, Dromahane NS, Mallow (teacher: O. Cronin)
1. 5th & 6th Class, Timoleague Railway, Timoleague NS (teachers: A M Kelly & N. Harte)
2. 5th & 6th Class, Cork Miscellaneus, Crosshaven, Now and Then, Templebreedy NS, Crosshaven (teacher: L. Jeffery)
3. 3-6th Class, Cork Now and Then, Ballycroneen NS, Ballycroneen (A M Ryan)
4. 5th Class, Church of Ireland Graveyard and Trinity Christ Church, Newmarket, Newmarket GNS, Newmarket (teacher: S. Daly)
Best Building Project
1. 6th Class, The Many Lives of Newmarket Court, Newmarket GNS, Newmarket (teacher: S. Daly)
Best Newcomer Award
1. Senior Classes, The Titanic & Cork, Castledonovan NS, Castledonovan (teacher: J. Healy)
Best Oral History Project
1. 5th & 6th Class, Dr Aidan McCarthy, Urhan NS, Castletownbere (teacher: A M O’Sullivan)
Best Overall School Effort
Timoleague NS, Timoleague
• All results are final.
• The County award ceremony is on Wednesday 15 March 2017, Silversprings Convention Centre, Cork City, 7pm. All students who entered the project are welcome to attend. All projects will be returned on the award ceremony evening. The ceremony is about 75 mins. Parents can attend. This event is generally attended by 400 people (participants, winners and their families). Arrive early enough to read the other projects, which will all be on display.
• This is also an opportunity to present all models if a student so wishes.
• All projects can be and need to be taken away on this evening.
• Well done to all and many thanks for all the hard work!
Cllr Kieran McCarthy, 17 February 2017
This project is kindly funded by students and Cllr Kieran McCarthy. Additional prizes are provided by Sean Kelly of Lucky Meadows Equestrian Centre, Watergrasshill, www.seankellyhorse.com and the Lifetime Lab, Lee Road (thanks to Mervyn Horgan, www.lifetimelab.ie).